Saturday, March 2, 2013

Using Productive Blogs

Blog-sites are a way to give and receive information in an informal communication way. As an education leader you can use blogs many of ways. Blogs can be used to share information to parents. It would be a good way to convey information and to get parents shared opinion about activities happening at our campus...or even what they would like to happen.
A blog could also be used to communicate with students about books they read, homework problem that they need help on, things they would like to see on the campus, etc.
I have a blog at my school and present and former students post all the time. We discuss books, activities, things they need help on and anything else they would like me to know. I also help them with homework, and they must use proper grammar when they are on my site. As long as we are ethically appropriate, blogs so much fun and a great way to learn more about your student's lives.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent site. I agree blogs are useful tools to communicate with parents and students. Keep up the good work and comment at my blog if possible.
    dedios2013.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, I am interested in your proposed research topic. Are you still planning to tackle an area of discipline at your school? I would be interested in following your progress. You can reach my page at http://sharondufour.blogspot.com/ I am also going to be doing action research for an area of discipline. It isn't finalized yet, but should be by the middle of next week or so. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Sharon- I am still working on school discipline. I would, and am, following you. Working together, bouncing ideas off of each other would be great! Glad to have someone so talented as you in my corner.

    ReplyDelete